Holy cow, I’m 21! I can’t believe it. So many amazing things have happened over the last year: graduating college, swimming with sharks in Hawaii, working for the Houston Astros. I feel like the possibilities are endless right now and I can’t wait to see how much happens in this next year. So now that I’m 21, I feel that it gives me some rite of passage to bestow my so-called wisdom on you all. Without further ado, here are 21 things I’ve learned in 21 years.
- Start every morning with positive thoughts about yourself. Your mindset will always affect the kind of day you have.
- You have to love yourself before you can let anyone else love you.
- Never, under any circumstance get in a tanning bed. Save yourself (and your skin) from a deadly habit by avoiding it altogether.
- You can always count on a person’s actions to tell you their true intentions; not their words.
- Find the time for devotion/prayer every day.
- Don’t be afraid to say “no”. Don’t be afraid to say “yes” either.
- Never think twice about removing toxic people from your life.
- Fully live each day, then be done with it. All the time you spend in the present obsessing over something that happened in the past is the easiest way to waste your future.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Be kind to everyone you meet and don’t expect anything in return.
- Always, always, ALWAYS take the high road. Whatever the situation is. The saying “You reap what you sow” is very real.
- Spend time with your family.
- Spend time with yourself, by yourself. Learn what sparks a fire in you and learn how to feel comfortable doing things by yourself.
- Love your body and treat it like a temple. Sweat a little every day and eat your veggies.
- Be careful who you open up to. Sometimes people pretend to care more than they do.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Put down your phone every once in a while and fully take in the moment that you’re in.
- The sooner you get away from drama and refuse to let it in your life, the happier you will be.
- Be picky about who you choose to surround yourself with. Your friends and relationships have a greater impact on you than you realize.
- Always spend more money on experiences rather than material things.
- The world needs more good – be that beam of light.
Thank you so much for all the birthday love – I appreciate every single one of you. Here are some more pictures of my birthday shoot! Stay awesome babes!! 🙂
Dress from Bebe