Hey guys! I’m finally back to writing again after moving endless amounts of boxes and furniture into the new house. Renovating a 60’s home while simultaneously living in it is not for the weak. But in the midst of all the chaos and changes to my routine, I’m reminded that there are just some things in my life that stay the same no matter what. Scrambled eggs for breakfast, jamming to ABBA when I’m feeling nostalgic, and a good portion of my makeup collection. Today, I want to share with you a few of my “holy grail” products. These are the five products that I cannot live without! Seriously. They’re my ride-or-dies (okay that’s a bit dramatic, but still).
- Nars Concealer – This concealer has been an absolute game changer for my under eyes! I was nervous to try it at first because I was more of a stick concealer kind of gal, but this blows every other concealer out of the water. My under eyes are definitely my biggest problem area, and if you can relate, I definitely recommend giving this concealer a try.
- Make Up Forever Super Matte Loose Powder – I can’t stand to have any sort of shine on my face (never could get into the whole “dewy” look), so this powder has been a life saver for me. It’s super matte (hence the name) and doesn’t make my face look cakey. I love to use this lightly all over my face after I put on foundation and then a bit heavier under my eyes after I put on my concealer. And for those of you who like to “bake” your under eyes, this works great for that too!
- Estee Lauder Foundation – This will be my forever favorite. The coverage this foundation gives is incredible and applies flawlessly. One warning about this foundation though: a little bit goes a very long way! You just need a dot on the back of your hand and you’re good to go. For best results, use a damp sponge to apply. The one I use here.
- Loreal Voluminous Mascara – I’ve tried just about every mascara out there (expensive and cheap!), and this one from Loreal always wins. It doesn’t clump and it makes your lashes look extra long (and it’s only 8 bucks!).
- Elf Matte Lip Color – Finally, my last holy grail product is my Elf lip crayon. I’ve been wearing this on my lips just about every day for almost a year now! They have so many gorgeous nude and berry shades to choose from, and they last all. day. LONG. Not to mention it feels like you’re wearing lip balm. For 3 bucks, you seriously can’t beat it!
I hope you enjoyed this post! I’m off to move some more boxes. Talk soon!